The RSJ financial group contains from the two parts – RSJ a.s. and RSJ Investments investiční společnost, a.s. The subsidiaries of RSJ a.s. are involved in trading on global stock exchanges. RSJ Investments manages a broad portfolio of investments in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Through RSJ Securities, a company belonging to the RSJ a.s. holding, which is a securities trader, the group operates on the stock exchanges in London, Chicago, Frankfurt and Tokyo. It primarily trades in financial derivatives, interest rate futures contracts, government bonds, stock indexes, and energy commodities.
Its main strategy is market making, where the trader simultaneously offers to buy and sell an asset. This increases the possibility of trading for other market participants. On some markets, RSJ Securities is even an official market maker authorized by the relevant exchange.
RSJ Investments group manages through several sub-funds and open-ended unit funds a broad portfolio of investments into real estate, agriculture, industry, and services. A large percentage of the assets it manages are investments into real estate projects focused on the acquisition of income property, the construction of residential and income real estate and industrial properties. It also focuses on key sectors of the 21st century – information technology, biotechnology, the production of healthy foods and investments aimed at extending and improving human life. In seeking new projects, the fund gives preference to companies that bring more than simply financial gain to their surroundings.
RSJ Custody provides a wide palette of services within the RSJ financial group such as holding securities for safekeeping, accounting, human resources, back office, as well as services related to IT. It also acts as a fund administrator and depositary.
RSJ Asset Management, an investment company, manages the investment fund RSJ Prop SICAV a.s., which is a fund for qualified investors with the RSJ Prop Sub-fund. Within the RSJ Prop Sub-fund, the company focuses on asset appreciation through algorithmic trading, where computer models are used for trading.
Part of the RSJ group is also the RSJ Foundation, whose mission is to create favorable conditions for the growth of well-balanced gifted children, support the mental health of children and youth, strive for systemic changes in education, and promote philanthropic development.
Entering Our Third Decade
- Company founded in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
- Headquarters opened in in Wratislaw Palace in downtown Prague.
- Company signed initial derivatives trades at the London LIFFE exchange (today’s ICE Futures Europe).
- Created first trading algorithms.
- RSJ became a founding member of the Czech Association of Securities Traders.
- RSJ became a member of Euronext/LIFFE (today’s ICE Futures Europe) in London, as its first securities trader from Central and Eastern Europe.
- RSJ began trading at the Chicago derivatives exchange CBOT (Chicago Board of Trade), the oldest institution of its kind in the world (active since 1848).
- RSJ officially became a member of the European derivatives exchange Eurex as its first Czech company.
- The name of the company was changed from RSJ Invest a.s. to RSJ a.s.
- Our investment fund was established - RSJ Private Equity.
- RSJ a.s. became a member of EPTA (European Principal Traders Association).
- Karel Janeček Jr. leaves the board of directors of RSJ a.s. and hands over the management of the company to Libor Winkler.
- RSJ’s Bronislav Kandrík was elected a member of the Eurex Exchange Council.
- Having been a member since 2004, with the closure of the Czech Association of Securities Traders, RSJ a.s. became a member of its successor - Czech Capital Market Association.
- The company moved to the Florentinum building in Prague district Florenc.
- RSJ Private Equity fund was transformed into an investment company with variable capital (SICAV).
- RSJ Foundation, covering the company’s charitable activities, was founded.
- RSJ Custody s.r.o. was established, providing services within the group.
- Libor Winkler manages the RSJ Private Equity fund. The fund changes the structure and name to RSJ Investments SICAV a.s.
- RSJ Custody s.r.o. obtained an investment firm license.
- The name of the company was changed from RSJ a.s. to RSJ Securities a.s.
- First RSJ open-ended unit funds were created.
- A holding company RSJ a.s. was established to consolidate RSJ Securities a.s., RSJ Custody s.r.o. and RSJ Prop SICAV a.s.
- RSJ Custody s.r.o. obtained a depositary license and began acting as a depositary of the first RSJ funds.
- At the end of the year, there is a change in the shareholder structure of RSJ a.s. The company's controlling persons are now a group of six shareholders: Petr Altman, Bronislav Kandrík, Jakub Petrásek, Michal Šaňák, Anton Tyutin, and Libor Winkler, who together hold just under 80% of the shares.
- There is a change in the shareholder structure of RSJ Investments investiční společnost a.s. The sole controlling person of the company now becomes Libor Winkler with 57% of the shares.
- An investment company named RSJ Asset Management investiční společnost a.s. is being established as a subsidiary of RSJ a.s., which takes over the management of the RSJ Prop SICAV a.s. fund. That is completed the split of the group into two parts: the holding company RSJ a.s. is focused on investing in assets traded on public markets, and the RSJ Investments is focused on investing in real estate and private equity.