Investment controller will be responsible for supervising of day the financial & accounting department, producing an independent performance analysis for head office/owner, coordination of the budgeting process and implementation and control of all activities related to the financial aspects of the hotel.
Key areas of responsibility:
- innovating and maintaining complex hotel reporting system,
- preparation of financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting and implementing accurate control functions of the hotel,
- ensuring that the hotel’s IT systems (PMS, ERP) and its data are fully utilized, well safeguarded, and properly maintained, with focus on automatization of reporting and finance related processes,
- management of cash-flow and working capital control,
- ensuring asset and liability reconciliation, monitoring and ensuring that all taxes are current and collected,
- reporting to head office, cooperates efficiently with hotel management team, ensuring effective two-way communication.
Other areas of responsibility:
- safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the financial status of the hotel etc.,
- maintaining relationships with relevant banks and insurance companies, communication with tax authorities,
- participating in th audit and group reporting as well as on strategic financial decisions related to group.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience – management position in Finance. Hotel finance and accounting experience is strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ORACLE Hospitality solution (Micros, Suite8 or Opera) is an advantage.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and analysing large data sets.
- Business oriented approach and strong communication & decision-making skills.
- Strong Financial knowledge – ACCA or similar certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of IFRS and consolidation principles is an advantage.
- A full understanding of financial operating systems, reporting and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of MS Applications mainly Excel.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
Zuri Zanzibar is nestled on the most beautiful white beach of the northern west shores. Combining elegant contemporary design, with a considerate, sustainable build and an authentic African atmosphere, this Design Hotel member is offering a unique, memorable, mindful, Indian Ocean escapes.
Zuri Zanzibar opened the door to its clients on 2nd July 2018 and is offering a lifestyle accommodation in 56 bungalows, suites and villas, amazing 1,6 ha private Spice garden, 300 m private beach, 3 restaurants and 4 bars, Wellness & Yoga area, a Water-sports centre and an outdoor fitness.
Recently Zuri Zanzibar received number of nominations and awards, among others the EarthCheck Gold for a sustainable design (as the very first hotel in the world), the Conde Nast Hot list 2019 and the Travel & Leisure IT list 2019.