Investment Controller (International Project)
Spending time at RSJ is a fantastic way to get up close to the world of finance, connect with successful European investors, discover what excites and inspires you, and find out where it may take you.
RSJ Investments is an asset manager that spun out of a successful algorithmic trading business and is now a part of RSJ group. The company manages assets in the value of ca 1 bil. EUR and invests Europe-wide in broad range of business and industries that include private equity, venture capital, life sciences and real estate.
We are currently looking for a new Investment controller within one of our asset.
The Investment controller will oversee one of our investments, namely ZURI Zanzibar Hotel & Resort. The role is located in Prague, however, it involves travelling to Zanzibar.
Investment controller will be responsible for supervising of the financial & accounting department, producing an independent performance analysis for head office/owner, coordination of the budgeting process and implementation and control of all activities related to the financial aspects of the hotel.
Key areas of responsibility:
- innovating and maintaining complex hotel reporting system,
- preparation of financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting and implementing accurate control functions of the hotel,
- ensuring that the hotel’s IT systems (PMS, ERP) and its data are fully utilized, well safeguarded, and properly maintained, with focus on automatization of reporting and finance related processes,
- ensuring asset and liability reconciliation, monitoring and ensuring that all taxes are current and collected,
- reporting to head office, cooperates efficiently with hotel management team, ensuring effective two-way communication.
Other areas of responsibility:
- safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the financial status of the hotel etc.,
- maintaining relationships with relevant banks and insurance companies, communication with tax authorities,
- participating in audit and group reporting as well as on strategic financial decisions related to group.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience – management position in Finance. Hotel finance and accounting experience is strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ORACLE Hospitality solution (Micros, Suite8 or Opera) is an advantage.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and analysing large data sets.
- Business oriented approach and strong communication & decision-making skills.
- Strong Financial knowledge – ACCA or similar certification is an advantage.
- A full understanding of financial operating systems, reporting and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of MS Applications mainly Excel.
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) and Czech B1.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 10+ weeks a year).
What we’re offering
- a high degree of independence with support from other colleagues,
- beautiful offices in the heart of Prague (Florentinum, situated metro B and C),
- a wide range of benefits (e.g. extra vacation, Multisport card, flexi pass, tariff also for family members and others), minimum benefit budget 3000Kč per month,
- we will support you in further education - professional trainings, languages, etc.,
- plentiful snacks and refreshments in the workplace,
- cooperation based on full-time contract.
About the Resort:
Zuri Zanzibar is nestled on the most beautiful white beach of the northern west shores. Combining elegant contemporary design, with a considerate, sustainable build and an authentic African atmosphere, this Design Hotel member is offering a unique, memorable, mindful, Indian Ocean escapes.
Zuri Zanzibar opened the door to its clients on 2nd July 2018 and is offering a lifestyle accommodation in 56 bungalows, suites and villas, amazing 1,6 ha private Spice garden, 300 m private beach, 3 restaurants and 4 bars, Wellness & Yoga area, a Water-sports centre and an outdoor fitness.
Recently Zuri Zanzibar received number of nominations and awards, among others the EarthCheck Gold for a sustainable design (as the very first hotel in the world), the Conde Nast Hot list 2019 and the Travel & Leisure IT list 2019.